Skip to main content

What we got our 4 kids for Christmas 2019!


Hey Guys!

So Christmas is the day after tomorrow (as I am writing this), so this post is all about what we got the kids for Christmas!

Our kids are 14, 13, 11 and 9 so they are not interested in toys as such. We also just came back from a 2 week holiday so that was the main family present. So we only got the kids 2 gifts each from us. They do get more from grandparents and friends so I don't feel bad for not getting them a lot of things.

I'll start with a family gift. We wanted to get something that will get not only the kids outside playing, but us parents as well. So this set was perfect!


Lyss's gifts include a new phone and a bullet journal with a couple of pens that were recommended.
She has not been having a great time with her current phone (her Dad's old one) so we decided to spend up and get her a decent new phone. This Oppo AX5S is the one we chose because it ticked all the boxes and the price was pretty good. It is also the same phone TJ got for her birthday so I know where to buy the cases from. She has also been asking for a bullet journal for next year and she is a very artistic young lady so I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

TJ loves fairies and growing things so this fairy light garden from Big W is perfect!
She has also been interested in getting out more and being more active so this scooter was what we got. She loves to ride her bike but sometimes it can be a bit much for her (yay for low muscle tone!)

Knox has also been loving riding his bike lately so we decided to get him a scooter as well. He loves attempting tricks on his bike (not really something we want him to do on the bike - easier to get hurt), so this Mambo stunt scooter was what we went with. He has also been asking for a drone for Christmas. His father has one that Knox loves to play with so we thought we would get him his own (and pray he doesn't sink it in the pool like the one we got a few years ago). This is the one we found in Target so we grabbed that one!

BB is the last of the kiddos and another one that needed a scooter. We found this one in Target and grabbed it while we could! She has been wanting the big gold Rainbowcorn for a while so she is going to go crazy when she finds out there is one waiting for her under the tree! Big W had this one on special this week.

The kids ended up LOVING all their presents! And the look on BB's face when she opened the gold Rainbowcorn was priceless!

We pray you had a very Merry Christmas!

Jacqui xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organising School Uniforms

Hey Guys! When it comes to storing and sorting the kid's school uniforms, it seems we have FINALLY found what works for us! For those who don't know, we have 4 kiddos and my mum works at the kid's school as well, so her uniforms are also stored with the kid's uniforms.  Right next to my desk in the kid's playroom (pretty much only has Lego in it at the moment) we have a clothes rack. The only things that get put on the rack is school uniforms, shoes, the hair box (this keeps all the brushes, hair ties, head bands, etc. together in one place) and school socks.  So here is an overview of what the uniform rack looks like and then I will talk about the sections. We'll talk about hanging the uniforms first! Each person has their own colour coat hanger to make it easier for them to recognise which uniforms are theirs.  BB has pink. Knox has blue. TJ has purple. Liss has white.  Mum has black.  Yes, they are all mixed up at ...

Day in the life

Hey Everyone! As a busy mum of 4, I am pretty much on the go all day. So I just thought, maybe, I would share what one day is like for me. Before I get out of bed in the morning, I like to read one chapter in Proverbs. Proverbs is such a good way of making sure I am reading God's Word daily because it has 31 chapters - a chapter for each day of the month. This way, while I am going through my morning routine, I have something godly running through my brain instead of the chaos of whatever I have on that day.  Next up is coffee... after making sure my teenage son is up and getting ready for the day. I am super lucky because my Mum also lives with us and she gets up a little bit before me and has my coffee ready and waiting for me! While I drink my coffee, the news is generally on in the background. Because my kids are all older, pretty much all I have to do is make sure they are waking up when they are supposed to. Although, one of my children needs a bit more support in getting rea...

My New Toy!

Hey Everyone! A couple of months ago, my thermomix started to not work very well (so not happy about this). I talked to the Thermomix Customer Service who said to send it in for a service and to get checked. I use my thermomix all the time, so if I was without one for so many days or weeks, I would definately feel it.  So we talked about it, prayed about it, and decided it was time for a new TM6! And.... I am still getting used to the new format in the TM6, but so far it has been AMAZING! As of Sunday night, I have made a couple of things apart from the delicious veggie stock paste the lovely consultant made with me at the time of delivery. As always, the thermomix custard is the easiest and most delicious custard recipe ever, as well as the basic muffin recipe on the guided cooking platform Cookidoo. The muffins were choc chip (having a special needs child in the house, foods can feel repetitive but neccessary at times), and the recipe said it would ma...