Skip to main content

Our Essential Oil Story

Hey Everyone!

As my Essential Oil business is growing, I thought I would share with everyone our Essential Oil journey.

We started out a few years ago, when a friend of mine helped me out with getting my daughter's sleep under control (still an on-going issue but with different underlying issues). I signed up but never really ordered anything else and never shared or anything. Until September last year. I have had issues with anxiety myself, my daughter was experiencing some separation anxiety and sleeping issues, plus I was getting headaches all the time. This is when I decided that I needed to do something to help myself and my family that wasn't going to do us more harm in the long run. 

I already knew the oils work. I had seen that with my own eyes, so I ordered the Family Essentials Kit from doTerra and added a diffuser onto the order. Coming from someone who is pretty stingy, the cost was a fair amount. So I asked my husband if we could go ahead with the order. He said yes (he was not aware of what was in store for him only an hour out) but I still was taking my time on clicking the Order button. A half an hour after my conversation with my husband, the order processed. I kid you not, 20 minutes later, my husband came home without a job. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified about what I had just done. We can't afford the oils! 

Turns out, we could not afford not to have them! A couple of days later he had another job, tiling, which is what he did before our youngest daughter was born. He was in so much pain after work every day, I placed my second order. This time for Ice Blue Rub and Fractionated Coconut Oil. We already had some roller bottles and the Ice Blue essential oil, but we needed something a little extra. As soon as it arrived, I made a roller bottle of Ice Blue oil for him to take to work with him to help support his muscles. The Ice Blue Rub was fantastic for after work. 

Meanwhile, the Lavender that came in the kit was working a treat with helping the kiddos get to sleep easier. Just a drop on their pillows 5 minutes before they went to bed and they were out within 15 minutes (a record for my babes). The kids were really enjoying diffusing some of the oils as well. We would decide on a blend (thanks Pinterest!) and the kids grabbed the oils, while I filled the diffuser with water. They loved counting out the drops and smelling the oils. 

Noticing the difference in how they were behaving, sleeping and their overall health (we lathered them in On Guard daily), I was keen to start helping other families start their essential oil journey. So I called my friend who had signed me up, for some advice on what to do to get the business side happening. 

Before I go any further, you need to know one thing about me. I have really bad social anxiety. So I struggle a lot with talking to people. This has been a bit of a journey for me in regards to this aspect of business building, so when I say I have hosted a class completely on my own, it is a massive win for me! It does help having the oils, Peace is an amazing help as well as Spearmint (the oil of confident speech).

I know doTerra essential oils work, are pure and great for my family. The whole point of this post is not to sell it to you, but for you to see how they have helped my family. However, if you wish to get started on your oily journey, feel free to send me a message and I will help you get set up. Be aware that I will recieve a small commission if you do choose to order.

Thanks for reading!

Jacqui xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organising School Uniforms

Hey Guys! When it comes to storing and sorting the kid's school uniforms, it seems we have FINALLY found what works for us! For those who don't know, we have 4 kiddos and my mum works at the kid's school as well, so her uniforms are also stored with the kid's uniforms.  Right next to my desk in the kid's playroom (pretty much only has Lego in it at the moment) we have a clothes rack. The only things that get put on the rack is school uniforms, shoes, the hair box (this keeps all the brushes, hair ties, head bands, etc. together in one place) and school socks.  So here is an overview of what the uniform rack looks like and then I will talk about the sections. We'll talk about hanging the uniforms first! Each person has their own colour coat hanger to make it easier for them to recognise which uniforms are theirs.  BB has pink. Knox has blue. TJ has purple. Liss has white.  Mum has black.  Yes, they are all mixed up at

5 Quick and Easy Gluten Free School Snacks

Hey Everyone! As some people may know, our youngest daughter has been diagnosed with something called PANDAS syndrome. This means that in order to help her with some of the issues stemming from this syndrome, she has had to eliminate Gluten from her diet. It has taken a lot of trial and error to try and find some gluten free things she likes, but here are some of her favourites to pack in her lunch box for school! 1. Popcorn. We try to just make the air popped popcorn in the mornings, that way it is fresh for the day. But sometimes it is well worth the $3 for the Woolies homebrand popcorn that comes in packets. They also have the sweet and salty flavour that is always a hit in our house. 2. Mini pancake muffin bites. These are super easy to make and don't take long. Our daughter loves the Coles home brand I'm Free From Gluten range, so we just buy the pancake shaker bottle in that brand and pour them into a mini muffin pan. We add things like blueberries, chocolate chips etc to

A little update...

Hey Guys! Just wanted to jump on real quick and let you know what is coming up on the blog! We have our Large Family Laundry Routine coming up next and then a monthly meal plan for May after that. If you are enjoying reading our blog, thank you! My aim is to get at least 2-3 posts out a month at this point as we have a lot of appointments and possibly a surgery for my daughter. We also have a couple of birthdays in May so I might put up a Birthday blog as well! Thank you for being patient with me through this, and I hope you all have a great day! Much Love, Jacqui!