Skip to main content

After school routine!

Hey everyone!

We have hit the second week of school for the year now and even with a whole heap of stuff happening in the house (broken bones, gymnastics twice a week, etc) we have managed to hit a groove with our routine!

So I thought I would share it with you!

Usually if I have the car, I will pick something to take to school for the kids to eat when they get out of class. My mum works at the school as well so the kids know to go straight to her office when they get let out of class. I am usually there already waiting for them with their afternoon tea as they are always so hungry after school. On days where my 8 year old has gymnastics (Wednesdays and Fridays) this is where we both leave to take her there as her classes are straight after school. Other days we just hang out and play on the computers at the back of the classroom until around 3.30 when all the after school traffic is gone. I really don't like to be stuck in traffic so I avoid it whenever I can. 

When we get home, the kiddos unpack their bags, getting out homework, lunch boxes, notes, etc so I can go through the homework and notes ASAP while they clean out their lunch boxes. Then, with coffee in hand, I get the kids going on their homework. Last week and this week, my younger two do not have any homework yet however I do get them to sit at the table to read. My oldest always does her own thing and gets all her stuff done (she is in yr 9) but our 12 year old special needs daughter would just do nothing if we don't get on top of it with her. She tends to have a few bits of homework to do so we take our time and have plenty of breaks when she needs them, but she needs someone to sit with her at all times when she is doing homework so she stays on track. 

During one of these breaks, it is time to put dinner on. My almost 14 year old helps a lot in the kitchen and she peels veggies to put on while I work on the protein side of dinner. The younger two have been off playing for a while by this point so they start tidying up the playroom and the outside toys and make sure they have a clean uniform for tomorrow. Sometimes they will start making their lunch for the next day as well. I get them to do this one at a time so it doesn't get too busy in the kitchen. After dinner our night time routine begins. 

Not every day goes this smoothly so we just have plenty of grace for when things happen.

Thanks for reading!

Jacqui xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organising School Uniforms

Hey Guys! When it comes to storing and sorting the kid's school uniforms, it seems we have FINALLY found what works for us! For those who don't know, we have 4 kiddos and my mum works at the kid's school as well, so her uniforms are also stored with the kid's uniforms.  Right next to my desk in the kid's playroom (pretty much only has Lego in it at the moment) we have a clothes rack. The only things that get put on the rack is school uniforms, shoes, the hair box (this keeps all the brushes, hair ties, head bands, etc. together in one place) and school socks.  So here is an overview of what the uniform rack looks like and then I will talk about the sections. We'll talk about hanging the uniforms first! Each person has their own colour coat hanger to make it easier for them to recognise which uniforms are theirs.  BB has pink. Knox has blue. TJ has purple. Liss has white.  Mum has black.  Yes, they are all mixed up at

5 Quick and Easy Gluten Free School Snacks

Hey Everyone! As some people may know, our youngest daughter has been diagnosed with something called PANDAS syndrome. This means that in order to help her with some of the issues stemming from this syndrome, she has had to eliminate Gluten from her diet. It has taken a lot of trial and error to try and find some gluten free things she likes, but here are some of her favourites to pack in her lunch box for school! 1. Popcorn. We try to just make the air popped popcorn in the mornings, that way it is fresh for the day. But sometimes it is well worth the $3 for the Woolies homebrand popcorn that comes in packets. They also have the sweet and salty flavour that is always a hit in our house. 2. Mini pancake muffin bites. These are super easy to make and don't take long. Our daughter loves the Coles home brand I'm Free From Gluten range, so we just buy the pancake shaker bottle in that brand and pour them into a mini muffin pan. We add things like blueberries, chocolate chips etc to

A little update...

Hey Guys! Just wanted to jump on real quick and let you know what is coming up on the blog! We have our Large Family Laundry Routine coming up next and then a monthly meal plan for May after that. If you are enjoying reading our blog, thank you! My aim is to get at least 2-3 posts out a month at this point as we have a lot of appointments and possibly a surgery for my daughter. We also have a couple of birthdays in May so I might put up a Birthday blog as well! Thank you for being patient with me through this, and I hope you all have a great day! Much Love, Jacqui!